Background

Friday, December 28, 2012

Never grows old.

Well, this 8x10" canvas has been a learning project.  But as a wise woman said to me "Its the end result that counts"  I thought I would post this before I start picking it apart like I always do.  The canvas was covered with Tim Holtz tissue paper and then painted various colors .  I tried to stamp one of Donna Downey's foam stamps on but with out much success so I just used my paint brush to fill them in.  I used Golden Paints on this canvas except for the white which is Ceramcoat.  When I use to do Folk Art painting it is the only paint I would use.  It covers really nice but on this piece I wanted something a little more transparent so I used the Goldens.  The verse is a stamp from Magenta.  The leaves are from Dylusions.  So I have a hodge podge of things on this but you know what "I like it"  Hope you enjoy it too.

2 comments:

  1. Really nice. I like it too. How big is it? Bigger than a standard card? Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous! I told you this was an artistic process and wow- look at the end result! This is my favorite so far!! Each one just gets better and better!! You are SO talented!!

    ReplyDelete