I finally got Dylans quilt finished. I had it quilted at Tomorrows Treasures with stars and swirls. They did a great job. He was pretty happy with it. I decided to bind it with the same material as the border. It had a lot going on. Here are a few pictures.
Finally I am getting around to do another Hambo Hoedown challenge. This geranium image is so pretty. I used my Photoshop program and added a few more of them. If one is good than three must be great, right? I used my Copic's to color the image. I tried to match the Pretty in Pink card stock from Stampin Up. I think I got pretty close. I used my Score It to make my score lines. Hope you can see them. I kind of covered them up with the bow which I made with my bow easy. Anyway they are in the upper right corner. All in all I thought it came out pretty good. This will be sent to my friend who is in the hospital with her legs amputated. She has diabetes and she needs a little cheering up.
I am not sure who makes this stamp that I used on this Bridal shower card. All it says on the side of the stamp s G-3287 Santa Rosa CA. I have had the stamp forever and this was the first time I used it. The card is an A7 card measuring 5 x 6.5". I really like this size card. It gives you so much more room to work with than an A2 card. I tried my hand at making a double bow. So much for that. lol. Guess I need a little pratice. The background paper is from American Crafts called The goods. I love this paper and if I could remember where I got it I would probably get more. So I better use it sparingly because there is no more. The pink is Pretty in Pink from Stampin Up. I used another of my favorite tools and that is the Martha Stewart border punch. I just love her punches. I got the flower from a company in Europe and the die cut is from Marianne Designs. It is one of her Creatables. I hope you enjoy this card as much as I did making it.
Just playing around and came up with this card. The background paper was 6 x 6 so I had to cut it to fit on a 6 x 4.5 card and still have the border around it. Then when I got it placed on the card I didn't like the fact that I could see the little line where I glued it together. So out came the stickles. I think it hid the slit pretty well. The stamp I used is an art stamp by Loralie Designs. She has such fun images. They are pretty plain and you can add what you want to them--Like the design in her skirt, and the polka dots on her blouse. You get the picture. On her blog she tells us that she never cuts her stamps apart. She stamps the images (they come on a sheet of rubber) scans them and then prints them out when she wants to use them. This way she can make them any size she wants. What a great idea. I wish I had done this to a lot of my stamps. I don't know how much time I have spent cutting and mounting and now I end up with a lot of little stamps and a lot of space taken up in my craft room. Enjoy the card. It was fun to color.
I am so far behind in posting my cards. Its time to do what they say "Get r done". This is a card I made for Mary (http://mystampinhide-away.blogspot.com/) I was really pleased with the way it came out. I wanted to do something special because she is such a special person.
I don't think you could do one of these cards without a stamp a ma jig. I guess if you wanted to cut and paste it you could, but thats not what I wanted to do. And believe me I did a few before I finally got one that I thought was right. I really like doing these cards even though they are a PITA. lol