Background

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Birth of a She Art Girl

Thought I would show you the steps on how I did my first She Art girl.  It was a lot of fun and I am definately looking to do another one.  I used the same size canvas as the Santa one and I used the same technique for the background. 
After I finished the background I cut pages from an old dictionary into the shape I needed for my girl

I fitted designer paper to make her clothes

I tried again after deciding I didn't like the first papers.  I added ruffles to the bottom of the skirt

New arms was needed and I started to glue down the girl

Here she is glued down

I drew some hair using my Fiber Castle pen and outlined the image.  I added some rub ons.  You definately need those

I decided I used too wide a pen to outline her and she looks pretty plump.  What to do, what to do!

Hey, a bigger head was needed.  Now she doesn't look so fluffy.  I wish I would have gotten a better picture.  One not so shiney.  But it was my first one and I am looking forward to the next. 

2 comments: